The Conditional Use Permit Application
- Application: https://nocombatrangenk.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/cup-02-18.pdf
- Location plan: https://nocombatrangenk.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/proposedtacticalcombattrainingfacility-2.pdf
- Site plan: https://nocombatrangenk.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/proposedtacticalcombattrainingfacility-1.pdf
- CUP-02-18 WITHDRAWN: https://nocombatrangenk.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/withdraw-letter_7_13_18.pdf
- Members of the Planning Commission
- Minutes of May 21, 2018 meeting, when CSC Proposal was first presented.
- June 18, Approved Minutes of Regular Meeting, when we, as a community, fought back.
- Agenda for July 16, 2018 meeting, CUP-02-18 will be considered (Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Revised Agenda for July 16, 2018 meeting
- July 16, Approved Minutes of Regular Meeting, at New Kent High School.
- August 20, Approved Minutes of Jointed Meeting, when Joe Davis, John Lockwood and Charles Karow asked BOS and Planning Commission to consider adding combat training facilities to be number 11 of prohibited land uses.
Board of Supervisors
- Members of the Board of Supervisors
- June 27, 2018 Work Session Minutes, with CSC Proposal. We were in the audience.
- July 23, 2018 Board of Supervisors July Business Meeting Minutes. We thanked the Board and asked them for a quick resolution to the aftermath of the whole affair.
- August 13, 2018 Board of Supervisors August Business Meeting Minutes. Joe Davis, speaking for our group, asked BOS to add “tactical, combat and/or military style shooting ranges and training facilities” as the 11th prohibited uses in the County Code.
- August 20, 2018 Board of Supervisors Joint Meeting Minutes. Joe Davis, John Lockwood and Charles Karow asked BOS and Planning Commission to consider adding combat training facilities to be number 11 of prohibited land uses.
- Agenda for September 4, 2018 meeting, our request to have the 11th prohibition (combat ranges) added to the NKC Ordinances to be on the agenda has been denied without an explanation.
- September 4, 2018 Board of Supervisors September Business Meeting Minutes. Sandi Gauthier, Joe Davis, John Lockwood, Bill Francavilla and Kathy Jeremiah spoke. Thomas Evelyn, Ray Davis, Patricia Paige and Ron Stiers responded.
- September 26, 2018 Board of Supervisors work Session Minutes. Comprehensive Plan update and zoning ordinance rewrite discussion
- October 8, 2018 Board of Supervisors September Business Meeting Minutes. Charles Karow encouraged Board members to include citizen participation from the beginning rather than only seeking comments on the completed changes. He also suggested administrative procedures could be improved and further suggested there were Virginia counties where community meetings were held in advance of rezoning cases, giving affected property owners and citizens an opportunity to participate in the review process.